Christmas Delivery Guarantee
Place your order by the following dates and we guarantee delivery within New Zealand or your entire order is free (see full details below).
- Standard Urban Delivery - 1pm, Wed 21st December
- Rural Delivery - 1pm, Fri 16th December
- Australia Delivery – 1pm, Wed 7th December
- Rest of World – 1pm Wed, 30th November
Conditions of our delivery guarantee:
- Offer only available for deliveries in the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
- Payment must be received by the cut-off dates above to qualify. Note payment by bank transfer can take 2 to 3 business days. Therefore, we recommend payment by credit card as this is immediate.
- All orders are sent by courier, non-signature and can be traced via the CourierPost website. Our couriers use GPS tracking, so any non-delivery claim must be supported by the couriers track and trace information. Please refer to your emailed shipment notification for the courier and tracking number.
- If the recipient is not at the address, the courier will leave the parcel somewhere safe. If this is not possible then the courier will leave a card to call. Attempted deliveries do not qualify for the delivery guarantee and therefore, won’t be entitled to a refund.
- The delivery guarantee does not cover any "acts of god" (e.g., fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disasters) which make it impossible to dispatch or deliver any order.
- In the unlikely event that an order is not delivered by Sunday 25th Dec 2016 please contact us. We will track the order via the courier’s website and check the GPS information. If the order hasn’t been delivered according to the track and trace information on the courier’s website we will refund the order in full and ensure the order is delivered as soon as possible.
- In the event a non-delivery claim is made but the courier's track and trace information shows the item has been delivered the order will not qualify for a full refund as per this guarantee. However, we will remedy the situation in accordance with the Consumer Guarantees Act.
- All non-delivery claims must be made by January 8th 2017 to qualify for the Christmas Delivery Guarantee.
Standard Delivery Information
Your purchase can be sent directly to you or your gift recipient, whether they live in New Zealand or overseas. Please see below for our delivery methods, times and fees.
New Zealand Orders
We offer Not Socks subscribers FREE standard delivery for all New Zealand orders over $75 delivered to a single address. For nonsubscribers and orders under $75 the delivery cost is $5.95.
Your order will be delivered quickly to you as all "in stock" items on our website are held in our warehouse, ready for immediate dispatch. Our delivery target for purchases made before 1pm weekdays is 2 to 3 working days.
Parcels are delivered Monday to Friday. Please see "Urgent Orders" below if you require a Saturday delivery.
New Zealand orders are tracked and delivered by Courier Post and Castle Parcels. We use their non-signature required service so your order will be left at your door or in your letterbox if you are not home to receive it. If there isn’t a safe place the courier will leave a calling card with details of how to collect your order.
Should you have a gift emergency, we also provide an Urgent Delivery Service for urgent orders and Saturday deliveries. These nationwide orders are given priority and dispatched first.
Our Urgent Delivery Service is overnight for non-rural orders placed before 1pm weekdays and costs $11.95 (maximum weight 5kgs).
We deliver to rural addresses at no extra charge. Please note that these orders may take 1 to 3 days longer to arrive.
PO Box Deliveries
Yes, you can also choose to have small parcels delivered to a PO Box address.
Click & Collect (Christchurch Only)
Combine the convenience of ordering online and the flexibility of picking it up at a time that suits you during the business day. Simply order by 1pm Monday to Friday, select 'Click & Collect' during the checkout process (i.e. on the checkout page after your have entered your billing information and contact details) and your order will be ready for pick-up by 9am the next working day. You will receive a shipment notification via email confirming that your order is ready for collection.
Our office is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and is located at 11a Sheffield Crescent, Christchurch. Please bring a copy of your order (which will be emailed to you immediately after you place it) when you come to collect it.
Please note that orders paid by bank transfer can take 2 to 3 days to be processed by the bank, so may delay your order. As mentioned above, we will email you as soon as your order is ready for collection.
Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.
International orders are shipped by New Zealand Post’s International Economy Courier service. Therefore, you will have the security, efficiency and quality handling of a tracked international courier service.
For orders less than 2kgs, delivery costs are:
- Australia – $24.95
- All other international destinations – $49.95
We will notify you if your order is over 2kg and will cost extra to send overseas. If so, you will have the right to cancel or change your order as you choose.
Target delivery times for overseas orders are 3 to 10 working days.
Note we do not ship to freight forwarding companies.
Additional Charges on Overseas Orders
Our prices do not include import fees, duties, tariffs, taxes or other import charges which may be payable in other countries. So please be aware that your order may incur these additional charges which the recipient will be responsible for paying.
Pre-Ordering Items at Not Socks
The advantage of pre-ordering at Not Socks is your ability to reserve products before they arrive at our warehouse.
Our pre-orders work just the same as regular orders, except you will receive your order as soon as the product arrives at our warehouse or is officially available for sale.
We only ever put an item on pre-order when delivery is guaranteed. That's why the vast majority of our pre-orders have a delivery date of 1 to 2 weeks, rather than several weeks or months.
If you're paying by credit card your card will be charged when you place your order. Alternatively, if you're paying by internet banking please ensure you’ve made payment at least a couple of days before the item is due.
Note pre-orders are also covered by our 90 day returns policy. So you have three months from the day of delivery to return the item in its original condition and packaging for an exchange or refund - no questions asked.
Special Delivery Instructions
Let us know during checkout in the comment box whether you have any special delivery instructions. Also, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or queries.