© 2020 Not Socks Ltd. Your Go-to Gift Gurus |
From the host of the television series and podcast MeatEater, the Meateater Fish & Game Cookbook is the long-awaited definitive guide to cooking wild game including fish and fowl, with over 100 new recipes.
When Steven Rinella hears from fans of his MeatEater show and podcast, it's often requests for more recipes. One of the most respected and beloved hunters in America, Rinella is also an accomplished wild game cook, and he offers recipes here that range from his takes on favourite staples to more surprising and exotic meals.
The book includes:
- Big Game: Techniques and strategies for butchering and cooking all big game, from whitetail deer to moose, wild hogs, and black bear, and recipes for everything from shanks to tongue.
- Small Game: How to prepare appetizers and main courses using common small game species such as squirrels and rabbits as well as lesser-known culinary treats like muskrat and beaver.
- Waterfowl: How to make the most of available waterfowl, ranging from favorites like mallards and wood ducks to more challenging birds, such as wild geese and diving ducks.
- Upland Birds: A wide variety of butchering methods for all upland birds, plus recipes, including Thanksgiving wild turkey, grilled grouse, and a fresh take on jalapeño poppers made with mourning dove.
- Freshwater Fish: Best practices for cleaning and cooking virtually all varieties of freshwater fish, including trout, bass, catfish, walleye, suckers, northern pike, eels, carp, and salmon.
- Saltwater Fish: Handling methods and recipes for common and not-so-common species of saltwater fish encountered by anglers everywhere, from Maine to the Bahamas, and from Southern California to northern British Columbia.
- Everything else: How to prepare great meals from wild clams, crabs, crayfish, mussels, snapping turtles, bullfrogs, and even sea cucumbers and alligators.
- 368 pages
- Dimensions 211 x 262 x 30.48mm
Order by 1pm weekdays & your order will be delivered:
- Urgent: Next day - Currently Unavailable
- Standard: 2-3 weekdays
- Rural: 3-5 weekdays
- International: 3-10 weekdays - Currently Unavailable
- UPC: 9.7804E+12